[IP] Want to share some good news

Hi everyone and welcome to all the new members.  I haven't posted anything
lately, but have been trying to keep up with the mail and how everyone is
doing.  My good news is that I'm pregnant!!  Baby is due the end of Sept. so
we have a looonnng way to go.  This will be #2, as we have a 4 yr old son,
Justin.  He is so excited about the baby.  So far I've been doing pretty good
with the blood sugars, could be better at times, but am making changes
frequently trying to stay on top of things.  I'm in contact with the endo's
office twice a week, working with two nurse educators.  One of them has gone
through two pregnancies on the pump herself so she has been alot of help.  I'm
so glad to be on the pump (started on 7/97) as it's already proven itself
early in the pregnancy compared to when I was pregnant with Justin.  I did go
on the pump the last three months of my first pregnancy, but I hated being
"attached" to it all the time so I gave it back (was renting it) after
delivery.  However, I always said that once another pregnancy was talked about
I would definitely go back on it prior to getting pregnant to get used to it,
etc which is what I did.  The quick release has to be the greatest improvement
as I absolutely love the pump now and would not go back to shots for anything.

Don't mean to ramble, but I did want to let you in on the good news and to ask
for any advice, tips, etc that others might have.  One of my concerns is the
fact that during my first pregnancy I had only myself (and my husband) to
think about so I was able to really concentrate on the blood sugars, meals and
dr. appts, but this time I also have Justin to take care of.  The pump is
wonderful in that respect--not needing to stay in such a rigid schedule.  Any
advice from those who have gone through another pregnancy while having other
kids to take care of?

Take care everyone,
Susan Gullekson  (thought I'd better include the last name as there are
several Susan's on the list now)