Re: [IP] Velosulin (or Regular) vs: Humalog (long)

> Bob thank you for your post...they are always very informative...most
> people who talk of the cocktail say they mix Humalog and Velosulin...has
> anybody tried H and Regular?...I have never purchased Velosulin but I
> have several bottles of reg.

You can be our test subject.  I think the only reason we're using
Humalog and Velosulin is 'cause that what we have left over also.

Most regular insulin is Eli Lilly - the buffering formulation is the
same as Humalog (I believe) and Lilly has an article about results
mixing Humalog with a variety of other insulins (except regular). The
article has curves for effectiveness, and quite a bit of info about
the results.  I suspect they just never though about mixing H and R.
Unless you were a pumper, it really wouldn't make any sense anyway.

Let us know how it goes.
Michael
email @ redacted