Re: [IP] Velosolin (or Regular) vs: Humalog (long)

> Michael:
>
> I wondered about this after reading of this (mis)adventure. It baffles me
> somewhat though, since there seems to be so little Velosolin coming into
> play here.
If you look at the curve for Humalog, even though the peak is early,
the tail if very long (as long a regular) an FAT.  The regular (V)
when combined with the H tail produces a pretty good peak 2-4 hours
after it goes in.  With a 10 unit bolus and a 5/1 mix, that is 2-3
units worth of insulin kicking in all at once.
Michael
email @ redacted