Re: [IP] Velosulin (or Regular) vs: Humalog (long)

>Bob, what are your observations on this, I know you started recently
>with a mix??

Add a little to Bob's excellent reply.

I hope someone is saving all this for a FAQ.

Lily's recent night time crash was probably in part attributable to
the switch to the H/V mix.  She shortened her SQUARE dinner bolus
from 3.5 hours to 2.5. However in retrospect, this was probably not
enough.  As with most hungry teens, she eats A LOT, especially after
her daily soccer practice/game.  Her evening meal usually is in the
neighborhood of 100 grams or more of carbo. Recently she has
experienced a pre-bedtime low requiring 8 or more glucose tablets to
correct -- after careful examination of bolus records, carbo count,
etc..  it finally dawned on me that the tail of the REGULAR in the
mix was peaking just about the time of the low ( duh..... ) so.....
we have shortened the square wave to 1.5 hours total elapsed time
from starting to eat to square-wave end.

This seems to have helped eliminate the evening low.  I'm not
complete sure yet, but it certainly is not as pronounced as it was.
I will keep you posted.

Still mixing 5/1 H/V.

Michael
email @ redacted