RE: [IP] Diabetes Genetic Theory for Survival

Rita.....I second EVERYTHING you said....I would take this disease on for the whole world, just not to let one child have it.....I'm also southern baptist.....I too never thought that I was being punished for anything that I or my parents did...I just happen to be the one that could deal with it the best....and I guess that's a priveledge...

have a great day....
Rhonda

----------

Randall,   I agree with you 100% I have never thought I am being
punished by God.  I was told once that if I had enough faith I would be
cured, and WOW was that the wrong thing to say, my spiritual gift is
faith and I know it.  I pretty well set him straight!  I do think
sometimes we are allowed to have diseases just to help others.  I have a
friend at church that is confined to a wheel chair.  Her brain just
stopped sending messages to her legs and the doctors have never found
out exactly why.  She has had so many surgeries and lives with never be
able to walk or get out of bed by herself.  She told me one day that
when she gets to feeling low she thinks about me and what I go through
with diabetes (she was a nurse when she could work).  Boy was I
surprised, to me with all that I go through I feel so lucky not to have
a condition like hers, so if my diabetes can help someone like that I
consider it worth it.  Also, I would keep the diabetes for myself if it
could prevent one child from having to live with the disease, I cry for
any child that has to live with this disease.  Thank God mine did not
develop until I was 31 and had 3 children with no complications.

I also agree that without diabetes I would be in terrible shape.  I
would probably look like a blimp because I LOVE chocolate and any other
sweet.  Before diabetes my breakfast consisted of a piece of cake or
pie.

By the way, I am also a conservative Southern Baptist.

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef