Re: [IP] Low blood sugar

email @ redacted wrote:

> I have had diabetes since I was 10 yrs old.  I've had it for 15 years.  I have
> had episodes throughout the years of my blood sugar droping at night while
> asleep and my not waking and well you can guess imagine, but thank goodness
> someone has always been there.  I have proudly told everyone that I haven't
> had these spells since being on the pump for 11/2 yrs that is until this
> morning.  I am so disappointed in myself.  I don't know what happened.

Even with a pump things do stack up against us every now and then. Some
combinations of things likely built up and slammmed you last night. See
if you can learn from it by analyzing what happened yesterday, any added
exercise or whatever. If you can decide what happened you've learned. If
not, chalk it up to experince but keep sharp, maybe you can avoid it
next time.

> remember my husband making me drink orange juice and sugar and i do remember
> sitting on the couch and then it's kind of like i was here and then I wasn't.
> Then all of a sudden I realized what was going on (thanks to the oj)  and got
> up and ate.  And oh the headache I had forgotten about.  Anyway I feel better
> now .  Does anyone else have this problem?  And yes I probably deserve to be
> whipped for letting this happen.  Especially since I have 2 little ones.

No, you don't need to be whipped, you ARE only a human (who happens to have
diabetes).

Ted Quick
email @ redacted