[IP] Growing out of diabetes

     You mean I'll eventually grow out of this??  I was just beginning to
     enjoy not knowing who I am at 4 AM, walking around with a machine
     connected to me full time and having my stomach remind me for the
     better part of a week about last weekends meals.

     Not to mention the wonderful support and friendly attitude displayed
     by coworkers, friends and family.

     NO!! I definitely think growing out of diabetes is not a good idea and
     I vote against it (of course, seeing as GROWING out of it does not
     take a vote, and seeing that I've spent 36 out of 38 years with it
     (95%) and 18+ of those 36 years on a pump (>50%) I deserve to try at
     least three months off for very bad behavior just so I can tell
     everyone how worthless life is without all this wonderful things to do
     and the insulin-pumpers mailing list.