Re: Re: [IP] Diabetes Genetic Theory for Survival

<<a very religious friend who told me people who
contract diseases do so because their ancestors in the blood line had
committed
sins in the past. >>

Forrest,

I don't believe we got Diabetes as a punishment for the sins of our ancestors,
but I think it is possible that we need to learn something from the experience
that we will need in a future life.

I have never heard of your other theory.  I've read articles on depression and
diabetes that left the question open as to which comes first.  Is it
depression that leads the body to "attack" itself and develop diabetes or is
it having diabetes that leads to depression?  It could be both.  As far as
being survivors??  That may very well be, although many diabetics don't
survive well at all or for very long.  I've always thought of myself as a
survivor, having started life surviving an abortion attempt and having to fend
for myself from then on.  I do think for theory sake, Type I and Type II need
to be separated as I really feel they are two different diseases.

My $.02 worth

Marti