Re: [IP] Free Style Libre

 Ibm on it too. I got the reader and one sensor free in a starter box from my
endo. I have the paperwork into EdgePark to get the sensors. I suspect it will
be similar in cost to the Dexcommbs, but Ibll have to wait to see. I have
BC/BS through work.

 I was considering the new hybrid closed loop system but I love my Omnipod, and
canbt really give it up. I was having trouble with sites wearing out and the
pod inserts itself at a set angle, not too deep, which works really well for me
and I can attach it to sites on my back that I canbt reach with conventional
infusion sets.

 The best CGM for me was the Navigator, also by Abbott but they discontinued it
here in the US about 5 years ago. I never really liked the Dex, but it was the
best available here in the US so Ibve been using it. The alarms drive me and my
wife crazy; also it was never as accurate as the Navigator. The Libre reminds me
of the Navigator. So far I love it.

 I am also really looking forward to Fiasp, the new super super super fast
insulin from Novo coming out in February. It starts more quickly than
Humalog/Novolog/Apidra, and it has a shorter tail so I am thinking it will be
good for knocking those highs down quickly and for avoiding stacking lows, which
is something I have always struggled with.

Buster in MD

<email @ redacted> wrote:

 > A Libre sensor is stuck on my arm. It informed me that I have 2 days left.B
BG is in the low 100s (I scanned twice; once just to see and once to add a note
that I'm administering insulin).B I trust the readings - they seem to be very
close to fingersticks and I'm comfy without confirming most of the time.

 > My local Walgreens is my supplier and they're charging $87.99 for 2 sensors.B
I pay OOP because Medicaid/Medicare won't.B The reader cost $84.99.B Quite a bit
cheaper than the Dexcom, which I also had to pay for by myself. A doctor
prescribed a new drug for me in October and Dexcom also decided to ship a box of
sensors to my home when I wasn't there.B Either one or both caused some very
wild readings on the Dexcom, which doesn't seem to be the case on the Libre.