Re: [IP] Dexcom and Medicare Advantage Plan

The $52 is a CYA amount set by Dexcom until they find out how your
insurance will handle coverage. I agreed to that amount when I signed up
but never really paid that as it was covered under my supplemental plan.
You should be able to login to your Advantage Plan website 2 or 3 months
after your order to find your real costs.  When I got my Dex in August they
said there were 5 or 6 states that they hadn't gotten details worked out
with, they didn't say which ones but Texas was not one.

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Alan Segal <
email @ redacted> wrote:

> I am not sure how much of what is covered.
> All I know right now is that I have a copay of $52 for a box of sensors,
> transmitter and a receiver. I didn't want to rock the boat so
> I didn't ask yet... I'll know when I need to reorder sensors)
> (When I ordered it, I was told that they send ADDITIONAL Glucose Test
> Strips and Lancets to cover the twice a day needed for the
> Dexcom, even though I just ordered my 5X a day 2 weeks ago supplies).
> They cover 100% of my pump supplies, and glucose strips. I get everything
> from their preferred pharmacy for DME, etc.
>
> --
George
Type 1 - 53 years - Pumping since 1998
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/ <http://sickforprofit.com/>