From: email @ redacted
<email @ redacted> on behalf of Liliana Wells
<email @ redacted>
Sent: Saturday, 24 December 2016 11:18:49 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Recommendation required - PLEASE

Hello Rupesh - I too have used the MM 508 and still do at times.  I also
use the MM 522 Paradigm, which is the pump before the Revel.  Somebody
correct me if I am mistaken.  That's my latest pump.  My understanding is
that there are no options for the *reservoir* expect the one recommended by
the manufacturer.  As for the infusions, I have used both 6mm and 9mm, like
the MMT 392 with the 508.  If you are used to the 23" tubing and the 9mm
depth, your best option is MMT-397.  The only difference between the 392
and the 397 is the tubing connection to the reservoir.  See this for
comparison and also click on "which infusion is right for you?"  This gives
description of the other infusions.
http://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/products/infusion-sets

I have hardly ever used the remote control; but I know many who use it
consistently.  I have heard it uses more battery power and I need to
conserve usage of my resources to the maximum.  Try it and test your BG
frequently to see how it works for you.

Do you have a Medtronics distributor near you?  They may be able to advise
you more.  Happy Holidays.

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 4:17 AM, Rupesh Patel <
email @ redacted> wrote:

> Hi friends,
>

> I have been using Medtronics MM508 from last 10 years however as many of
> you
> would be knowing - Medtronics has stopped the supplies of this pump.
>

> I am about to shift to another pump now - Medronics Revel 723.
>

> I already have the pump however I don't know which accessories (quickset &
> reservoirs) would be good.
>

> I read in the user manual that there are various options for the quickset -
> for reservoir I think MMT 332A would be good.
>

> Can you please advise the best quickset that based on your experiences - I
> have been using MMT 392 with the MM508 pump.
>

> Also, is the remote control good for giving the express boluses? I know
> that
> the remote controls aren't very good (or really bad) with the MM508 pumps.
>

> It would be good if I can give the boluses without taking out the pump -
> helps
> when in public.
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Rupesh