Re: [IP] Pump Vacations and Misc.

Laura,
 In the summer I took a pump vacation for the same reason ( plus we were heading
up to the mountains and I didn't want to deal with the pump) so I went back to
the pen ( humalog w/ Lantus) and though giving injections is a bit more work, I
feel (and immediately felt) so much more in control and less burdened . My
insets failed regularly and I it was maddening !! Now , there is no middleman.
 There are smart insets being introduced on the market in January which will
alert you when one isn't working . Also, there will be a smart pen introduced
which will allow you to download all your info. Might change my mind.
 I am super happy with the pen and honestly don't think I will go back to the
pump unless it's foolproof.
Additionally , dexcom is bringing out a GM which connects to your phone.
Good luck !
Anita
 PS : in addition , I lost 5 pounds p p because I had to really think about
what I was eating more closely !

Sent from my iPhone