Re: [IP] Pump Vacations and Misc.

Jeez, guys!  We still need to snip, even though Jan H is now with the
angels!

I've been vacationing for almost 2 years and I love it.  Because I got
T1 back before disposable syringes were available, I asked my doc for
standard syringes and not pen needles. Used pen needles for Symlin when
I was on it and was not impressed.  This past summer, he suggested that
I go off Lantus and do NPH instead. A big dose of NPH at bed time gives
me a peak effect between 4 a.m. and 6 a.m. - works for me!

I am using BD standard syringes 0.3 ml graduated into full units on one
side and half on the other. If I had to use the glass syringes of old
with the metal needles that ripped on the way out, I'd be back on a
pump, PDQ! Got 6.9 for an A1C without much effort and plan on getting
6.4 next visit.

The only bad thing is that I need to carry syringes and Humalog
everywhere I go...

Denise Br.