[IP] Another insurer restricts supplies

I have been using Premera Blue Cross for years   I just got a letter in the
mail telling me that Nov 1 2016 (thanks for the timely notice) they were
splitting some diabetic meds into Non preferred and preferred.

Non preferred means the following:
Your costs may change and you may require pre approval
If you refill your prescription with non preferred you may have to pay full
cost

Non preferred include all the various Humulin and Humalog variants vials
and pens and also Apidra

Preferred are all the Novolog and Novolin variants.

There are also type 2 meds on the list and I am unfamiliar with all of
them, but here are some:

Non preferred:
Alogliptin Metformin Nesina Kazano Oseni Tradjenta Jentadueto Glyxambi,
Tasnzeum Trulicity

Preferred

Januvia Janet Kombiglyze Onglyza Bydureon Byetta Victoza

So the communication is clear as mud   (may have to pay full cost,  What
does that mean?) and again the money handlers are making medical decisions.,

Fortunately for me I am neutral between Humalog and Novolog.  However, I
used to be on the Snap pump which was Humalog only!

John H