Re: [IP] 630G supplies

 Though a different supplier may not be an option. For instance with my
insurance Medco (or Express Scripts) is the only option; however, it isn't the
end of the world. All your doc needs to do concerning Novolog is write a letter.
Express Scripts will supply it given your circumstances. I know this for a fact
as I have an employee in the exact same situation and they did the exact same
thing for him. As to the strips the same approach should work but if for some
reason it doesn't no big deal either. I have the same pump and it works just
fine with another meter but you will just put the BG readings in manually. Will
add a couple of seconds but that is it. One thing of note with that is that in
talking with many folks on the 530 and 630, many of them aren't using their
insurance to get the strips anyway as they can buy 300 - 400 strips for $80 -
$90 on Amazon.com and Walmart.com which is cheaper than their co-pays.
 I have been on the 630G for about a month (had the "official" training this
afternoon actually) and really like it so far. I miss some of the features of my
last pump but this one overall has so much more to offer including the CGM
despite what everyone says about the enlite sensors. So far today they are
tracking within 10 points of each other. We will see.
Good luck!
Mike

  On Tuesday, December 27, 2016 6:18 PM, PHYLLIS ABRAM
<email @ redacted> wrote:

 You just need to go through a different supplier.

> Subject: [IP] /Medtronic pump 630G supplies not covered for new Bayer
Contour and now my Novalog is not covered

> Hello All,
>
> I live in NJ and my new pump the 630G has arrived. It comes with a Bayer
> Contour meter and also a CGM but my Express scripts does not cover the
supplies
> and not even my insulin Novalog. My Dr. called them about insulin and sent
> letter. This is very upsetting. I can't take humalog,my body rejects it. Is
> anyone else having this problem or have in the past?
>
> It makes no sense, my insurance covers the pump mostly, but not any of the
> supplies or even the insulin!!

Sent from my iPhone
Phyllis
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)