[IP] for Eileen

 Though I no longer use a Medtronic pump, I always felt that Medtronic had a
really good staff who worked as a liaison between Medtronic and the insurance
companies. Please contact them and tell them what has happened. When I was on
the Medtronic pump (which I just switched to OmniPod from in August) my regular
insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield of NJ) paid for the pump and sensors, and
Medco (my prescription plan) paid for my Bayer Contour test strips. Please phone
Medtronic (and/or mention this in your training session.) As for the insulin,
your doctor needs to write a letter of medical necessity. Also, it seems weird
that Express Scripts doesn't think Bayer Contour is a preferred brand of test
strips. Most pharmacy plans prefer those strips because they are less expensive.
Keep us posted!
Signe Myhren