[IP] Pump Vacations and Misc.

 So, am completely ready to put the pump away for awhile due to occlusions,
which my tiny basal does not catch. I am going to try the new sets from
Medtronic, to see if they might work for this problem for me. Otherwise, my
clinic and I were discussing the two new long acting insulin products on the
market, and using pens again. We were also tossing around switching to the new
Medtronic pump, but Medtronic tells me they will not process a new pump order
just because someone has a new HMO. My first plan is to try those sets (please
someone let me know if the old quickserter works for them. I think I read that
it does.) My second option is to actually try going back to MDI, with Tujeo. I
have extreme insulin sensitivity, often 200 point drops from one unit. No wonder
the MDI idea scares me, because you cant shut that dose off. Frustrated. Too
many ideas, and no idea which idea will be the best idea. My clinic says the new
long acting insulin products do not cause many lows so....I don't know what to
think. 16 years solid with no pump break, sometimes I wouldn't mind pens again.
Laura