Re: [IP] Re: (IP) Kaiser

 I think it varies even within states. Before coming to Oregon I was with Kaiser
in the LA area.
 I had just moved to the USA from the UK, coming from the NHS, the US health
care system
 was a complete mystery to me. As I worked for a big company I had good coverage
& I was
 advised that Kaiser was more like the NHS than other plans. But I basically saw
only a
 general practitioner never an Endo, I only got a BG meter because I bought my
own & taught
 myself, I think Kaiser did pay for strips. Any changes in treatment were
because I read about
 it & asked. It has been way better up here in Oregon, I continued with Kaiser
because for the
 1st year I was up here my ex-employer paid for coverage as I took a severance
package.
 Once I found Doctors I liked, after a couple of false tries I have gotten good
suport. In fact it
 was my endo who pushed me to try a pump, after my A1C stayed stubbornly at 8 ot
higher.
 He would prescribe a CGM if he could & supported me when I bought one, at the
Kaiser
price.

 So yes, support seems to vary widely around Kaiser regions. I've had T1 since
1961 & I'm
 too lazy to look for coverage other than Kaiser now I've trained my Endo & PCP
to do what I
want! Maybe I get away with things because of the English accent!

Annabella