Valerie, my question to you is where do you live.B  Diferent regions have
different levels of care.B B  I'd bet you are in California somewhere.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Valerie Adams" <email @ redacted>
To: "Fellow Insulin Pumpers" <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2015 1:12:49 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #889

Me too!
My Kaiser treatment has been phenomenal. From a million dollar plus premie
who received the most incredible care and a positive outcome, to my recent
cervical spine reconstruction surgery (which set me back a whopping $100),
to my pump (of my choice) and CGMS, 1500 test strips every three months
(all at zero co-pay), and my 16 year-old son's life being saved due to
encephalitis (also a $100 copay, for five days in the ICU), you won't hear
me complain!

I go to PT when I ask for it, get referrals to whatever department I
request, and have had a weekly phone appointment with my CDE for well over
a year. Much of medical care means being our own advocates, and pushing
for what we need and want.

I'm a very happy Kaiser patient (and have been for 25 years).

Happy New Year!
Valerie

On 12/31/15 10:43 AM, "insulin-pumpers-digest"
<email @ redacted> wrote:

>I am appalled at the difference in Kaiser across the country. B My husband
>and I just loved our doctors and PA's in Georgia and any other specialty.
>We never had a problem asking or receiving care when we needed it. B I am
>now self-managing my diabetes without doctor's help, except to review
>annual blood tests and writing annual maintenance prescriptions. B I am
>still in touch with one of the doctor who offers to perform this annual
>review..
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)