Re: [IP] Infusion Sets

  Hi Signe, about the Sure-T I had the same luck that you did but in frustration
I found a way to insert them so that they are very reliable. The steel needle
reminded me of how reliable shots are by the method of insertion, a quick
straight jab. They always work!

 Really, if the Sure-T is inserted like a shot it has to work but the trick is
how to do it.
 Here's what works: peel off the paper by the needle plus the needle guard. Then
with one hand hold the tubing in a way that enables you to control the position
of the needle. Then while holding it by the tubing, aim it directly at the
insertion site so it nearly touches the skin.
 Then with the index finger of the other hand, tap the needle on the top and it
will go,straight in.
 It's like hammering a nail in where you hold the nail with your left fingers
and hammer the nail in with a hammer in the right hand, the only difference
being that you hold the needle by the tubing and use your right index finger to
tap it in. If you practice doing it you will find that it is quite simple to do.

I hope this helps.

Richard

The process is very simple and what might help is to practice positioning

<email @ redacted> wrote:

> Reading what everyone has to say about thin people and failure rates makes me
> feel better. I mentioned here recently that I am having issues too frequently
> with absorption from manually-inserted Silhouettes. I don't know what else to
> try. The Sure-T, straight-in, metal sets caused my BG to rise above 300 very
 > rapidly. Even Medtronic said I should not try them again. Should I try the
Mios?
 > I am actually considering going back to OmniPod, which I last used in 2007.
It