Re: [IP] Type 1 - and considering bariatric surgery

 My husband (who had/has T2) had BPD (biliary pancreatic diversion, a type of
gastric bypass ) surgery nearly 10 years ago

 He did lose weight, allowing his doctors to do a much needed knee replacement,
but he suffers from severe malnutrition issues

He takes a multitude of OTC vitamins and minerals

 Every med he takes must be an immediate/dissolving med rather than time
release, etc. This causes problems with 'simple ' things like antibiotics or
headache pills.

 He was much healthier for the first 10 yrs or so, but, IMO, his current health
scares me; he is always tired, lots of labs have been done, they keep addin g
things that he has become 'seriously low' in ( he takes 2 prenatal vitamins a
day, those are each approx double a regular vitamin, 3 calciums, iron, niacin,
etc...)

 He is showing signs of kidney failure/issues & has had several serious episodes
with kidney stones in the last ~8 years

 I am not a doctor, don't wanna be one & have never even played one in TV, but I
think all the high doses of stuff he takes have impacted his renal functioning

 He has foods that he was told not to eat; they cause (from his ongoing support
group) anything from gas (knock out a room full of people) to serious diarrhea.
I doubt he has any firm/semi normal BM to speak of

 The things that we all need to do, if we are not, like smaller meals,
better/variable/balanced food choices, exercise....you know 'the list'. <HaHa
>don't go away post surgery, they just change

MichelleS
Dx IDDM Jan 1969