I am appalled at the difference in Kaiser across the country.  My husband
and I just loved our doctors and PA's in Georgia and any other specialty.
We never had a problem asking or receiving care when we needed it.  I am
now self-managing my diabetes without doctor's help, except to review
annual blood tests and writing annual maintenance prescriptions.  I am
still in touch with one of the doctor who offers to perform this annual
review..

If we choose to reuse reservoirs, tubing and syringes, it is a personal
decision.  But for a healthcare professional to suggest it, it is
unconscionable.  Syringes are not called "disposable" for nothing.  Your PA
must have had a God syndrome.  Your should have reported him.