Re: [IP] Re: Question #1: Enlite vs. Sof-Sensor

 As for Jerrybs question, I have used the Sof Sensors for up to 12 days (4
cycles), and found the 2-3 iterations to be the most accurate. The 4th was kind
of flaky, but I think that was due to the tape getting kind of gooey, and the
sensor moving around in my body.

Iteration #1:  about 90% accurate (+/- 10 mg/dl vs. fingerstick)
Iterations 2-3:  About 98% accurate (+/- 2 mg/dl vs. fingerstick)
Iteration 4:  about 85% accurate (+/- 15 mg/dl vs. fingerstick)

 I think that the answer to #1 is that the protocol of the sensor communication
is the key. If it doesnbt say, bHEY! IbM A SOF-SENSORb and the pump doesnbt
care, as long as there is communication, then there should be no problems.
Minimed to Minimed devices is the key.

Jeff

<email @ redacted> wrote:

> Jerry,
> The old Sof-Sensor worked flawlessly.
 > IMO the Enlite sensors do not cause the bleeding issues that I experienced
with the Sof-Sensor, but they are more complicated to insert.

> On 12/30/15 7:11 AM, email @ redacted wrote:
>> Marshall,
>>
 > > As I understand your Question #1, you restarted your 530G Enlite system
using
 > a Sof-Sensor. The 530G does not identify the sensor you are using. The system
is
 > programmed to 'Sensor End' after six full days. You went through a sensor
change
 > by linking to a new sensor. You then got another six full days. Some people
are
 > using Enlite sensors with the MM 523 pump. They have to do a restart after
three
> days.
>>
> > My questions for you: How did the old Sof-Sensor work? Did you notice any
 > difference in accuracy? I understand that Medtronic will soon be
discontinuing
 > the Sof-Sensor. IMO the Enlite sensor was a big improvement over the
Sof-Sensor.