From: Krista
Madison<mailto:email @ redacted>
Sent: b12/b26/b2015 3:06 PM
To: email @ redacted<mailto:email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Hello

 I started with a minimed (507c and then an paradigm) and then moved to the
Animas (IR1200). I then took a several year break due to developing a tape
allergy and then lack of insurance. I started back on the Omnipod a few
months
ago and I love it. I chose Omnipod because I don't react to their tape and
because I have limited range of motion to inset a set because of a shoulder
problem. I have absolutely fallen in love with it. I can out it so many more
places and can't believe the difference going tubeless makes. While some
other
pumps may offer some additional bells and whistles, all the main functions
are
the same. The "pdm" that controls the pod is also a meter using freestyle
strips. I forget the pod is even on and since I already carried a meter it
seems
so much less cumbersome.

Krista

Sent from my iPhone

<email @ redacted> wrote:

> Hi, My name is Bev and I have just rejoined this mail-list group.  I
> belonged several years ago.  Don't remember how long ago it was but just
> know that it was quite some time ago.
>
> I am 65 yrs old and have recently just started on the pump again after
being
> off of a pump for almost 4 yrs.  I live in the Greater Metropolitan St.
> Louis, MO area on the east side of the Mississippi River (otherwise called
> Illinois).
>
> I went off pump because was having problems dealing with everything that
was
> going on at the time.  Things have leveled out and my son got fed up with
my
> A1c's being too high while on MDI.  So he made appointment with the doctor
> that originally put be on a pump and I have been on the pump again now for
> almost 4 months.  My A1c went from 10.4 before pump to 6.7 after going back
> on the pump.
>
> My current pump is the One Touch Ping but it has gone out of warranty as of
> this past week.  So I am looking into new pumps.  I am looking between 3
> different pumps - Animas Vibe, Tandem's t:slim or t:slim G4, or the
Omnipod.
> Not sure yet which I am going to get.  Would love to hear from those who
> wear one of the t:slims or the Omnipod.
>
> I have also heard that the One Touch Ultra meters are being fazed out.  If
> that is true I am really going to miss my One Touch Ping and Ultra Smart
> meters.  So am also starting my search for a new meter.   I guess a lot
will
> depend on which pump I end up getting.
>
> Thanks for letting me join this group again.
>
> Bev
> .
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)