Re: [IP] diabetes and multi day endurance walks

I talked to REI about winter camping, but have not done it because
staying cold for too long makes me hypo.  REI's suggestion for keeping
insulin and eye drops from freezing was to activate a chemical
handwarmer inside a small thermos and keep these vital fluids inside.  A
thermos, say, the size of one for soup.  It might be wise to test this
to see how high the temperature gets and how long it will stay warm.
IMHO, I will just try to get some snowshoeing in, and not camp out.

Denise Br.