From: "Eric Podlogar" <email @ redacted>
Sent: b12/b26/b2015 11:20 AM
To: "Insulin Pumpers" <email @ redacted>
Cc: "email @ redacted"
<email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] TSA body scans

Fwiw, My Dexcom receiver goes in my bag, and it goes through X-ray machine.
I walk through the scanner with pump attached and in full view while the
transmitter remains concealed under clothing. Neither the pump nor the
transmitter set the metal detector off. Both the pump and the receiver
remain powered up. Aside from being pulled aside for the chemical swipe
test, I have never had a problem with either the TSA or with my equipment
malfunctioning. I have never been pat down. O'Hare is my home airport, and
I've flown to San Fransisco, San Diego, Denver, New York, and Orlando,
without incident.
On Dec 25, 2015 9:11 AM, "Barbara Ziegler" <
email @ redacted> wrote:

> I too was concerned when I read about TSA now being able to require us to
> go
> through the body scanners.  In addition to my Medtronic CGMS, which is not
> supposed to go through either that or an x-ray, I also have an implanted
> gastric stimulator, also from Medtronic.  I checked the stimulator's
> website, which had not updated its info since the full body scanners were
> put in place.  I called, and the representative first just read what the
> website said.  I had to push for a real answer, which was not to go through
> the scanner.  I have previously been told by TSA that the scanners were
> made
> to not interfere with pacemakers, but I explain that mine is different from
> a heart pacemaker.  They have never given me a problem when I insist on the
> pat down.  I hope this will continue.
>
> Barbara Ziegler
>

> ---
> .