From: "jsmith93 rochester rr com"
<email @ redacted>
To: email @ redacted
Cc: "Signe Myhren" <email @ redacted>
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2015 8:23:10 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] Pump Questions

Signe,

B It was so good to hear from you. I wouldn't be too concerned about a slight
weight loss. However, I have a much higher BMI than you. My thought would be
maybe try for a slightly higher HbA1c. Maybe you could try eating some more
calorie rich foods such as healthy fats and good carbs to help you gain back
some weight.

B I too use the silhouette, but I am not thin. I have more than enough fatty
tissue and mostly use my stomach and abdomen. I stopped using the sil-serter
about two years ago when I had trouble with the inserter needle bending. I
think
your endo's suggestion is a good one. Maybe one or two days between changes
will
work better for you than three or more days.

B I did check sponsorship of the Medicare CGM Access Act of 2015 among
senators
and Congressional representatives from NJ. One Senator, Corey Gardner is a
recent co-sponsor. Senator Robert Menendez has not as yet signed on as a
co-sponsor. In the House, there are only three co-sponsors from NJ: Lance,
Norcross, and Payne. I believe your Congresswoman is Bonnie Watson Coleman who
represents the 12th District of northern NJ. You could send each of them the
same email mentioning the bill by number and title. The House bill is H.R.
1427
and the identical Senate bill is S. 804. More bipartisan co-sponsors are
needed.
If this proposed legislation passes both houses of Congress I am confident
that
it will be signed into law by President Obama.

B Please take care of yourself. I wish you and your family a Happy New Year
2016.

Jerry Smith
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)