Re: [IP] trying to find a supplier

I am new to Medicare and trying hard to figure out all the new rules for
getting things.  I have a secondary BCBS which is supposed to pay the 20% that
Medicare does not pay.  So I went to CVS to order strips and insulin, since
CVS accepts Medicare assignment.  I found out that because my BCBS is not an
official supplementary Medicare plan, I had to pay cash for the 20% and submit
a paper claim form to BCBS for it.  The BCBS customer service person told me I
could avoid this extra step by using one of the mail order suppliers Medicare
accepts through the competitive bidding program.  The co-pay was amazingly
low, however.  Medicare's allowable cost for 700 strips is only $144. and my
BCBS used to pay $807. for them.  Live and learn, I guess.  I don't know what
the Money Saving Program is.

Julia

I called Medicare to find a supplier in the competitive bid program in my
area.
Walgreens accepts Medicare but is not in the money saving program. Stop and
Shop
is in the program in my area.

Sent from my iPad