From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Stacey Martin
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 10:34
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Express Scripts/Apidra

 I don't think it's express scripts that isn't providing apidra, it's your
insurance company's formulary. Express scripts is just like a drugstore,
providing or authorizing coverage of what you doctor writes for. It's your
insurance contract that determines what will be paid for at what copay
according to their formulary.

 My insurance us changing from bcbs to united healthcare on Wednesday, and
apidra isn't ion the formulary. Therefore, my doctor will have to get an
override since I'm allergic to humalog and novolog.

Stacey M

Sent from my iPad

> On Dec 29, 2013, at 14:08, Signe Myhren <email @ redacted> wrote:
>
 > While I have not yet confirmed with my pharmacist that Apidra is not
covered by
> Express Scripts for 2014, I did ask my endocrinologist about it. She
> said Humalog is reputed to crystallize in pump tubing, so she doesn't
> want me to
 > switch. She said she'd get an override for me if Express Scripts doesn't
want my  > pharmacy to get me the Apidra. In my endo's own words: " You
shouldn't mess with