Re: [IP] Re: Medicare and pump rental

Wow, Wish i knew what you were talking about.  I don't have any co
 insuarnce. Whatever the total amounts of charges are I have NO idea. Last week
was the first time i paid for labs that was $20. Don't have any other
insurance coverage.

HappY Holidays to All

In a message dated 12/19/2013 4:56:13 P.M. Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Thank  you.

Sent from my iPhone
Phyllis

> On Dec 19, 2013, at  5:49 PM, Pam Brown <email @ redacted> wrote:
>
> Yes,  you are correct, Phyllis. Simple example: doctor charges $200,
Medicare
> approves $100 as the allowed amount. Medicare pays $80, you  pay $20
coinsurance,
> assuming you don't have a supplement. Before  you pay the 20% coinsurance
however
> you have to meet the $147  annual deductible. The above is for most Part B
> covered expenses that  are approved by Medicare. Some things like labs and
home
> health  care don't have the 20% coinsurance. That's also if the doctor
accepts
>  assignment. If they don't, they're allowed to bill you an extra 15%
above  the
> Medicare approved amount, so in this example another $15, meaning  you
would
pay
> $35 total. Some Medigap supplement plans cover these  "excess" charges
(e.g.,
> Medigap Plan F), others don't. All of the  above pertains to Original
Medicare.
> If you've assigned your  Medicare benefits over to a Medicare Advantage
plan,
> then it's a whole  different ballgame. Each MA plan can have it's own
rules
about