Re: [IP] Re: Medicare and pump rental

>> I know there are many others on this group that pay little or nothing
for supplies but we do not boast about it or rub it in.<<

Many IP members, myself included, only remain on the pump due to donated
supplies from other members' generosity. If I was on Lantus, I hate to
think what would've happened to me. Thanks to all the members who make
pumping possible for me and other members in need. They are generous, and
sensitive to the trials of diabetes.

Members who boast and brag ad nauseum about their "I GET EVERYTHING NO
COST!!!!" status demonstrate a suspicious lack of sensitivity, a  disregard
for those nuanced (and not so nuanced) social cues that indicate distaste
and disgust. The implicit AND explicit rules for this discourse
illude them. Then someone just says, "Shut up, already!" and they keep it
up. That means they not only don't get it, they can't get it.

So, I have to assume such people can't really do any better, for whatever
reason? They might have cognitive issues--who knows? I conclude that such
posts need to go directly to trash, because they are hurtful, and serve no
purpose to anyone except the ones who are shouting "NO COST!" Their
gloating tone is unmistakable. But they can't help themselves...do they
even know all caps ns shouting? Perhaps not.

Ironically, they make me value members who are generous with supplies and
knowledge that m{ch more. I've learned so much about Medicare here! And
I've stayed on the pump for A YEAR AFTER LOSING MY INSURANCE!

Something worth shouting about--thank you!