[IP] Dexcom Plunger Stuck

I haven't been using Dexcom too long now, but I made a mistake the other day
and it doesn't appear that I can fix it.  But rather than just throw it out
I thought I'd check with this group.

I accidentally hit the plunger and the extractor ring, so now it is locked.
I wasn't trying to insert it, so the backing, the needle, and everything
appears to be fine.  Yet I can't seem to cock it again so I could attempt to
reinsert.

Do I just need to more forcefully try to unjam it?  Or am I out of luck?

Thanks,

George