Re: [IP] Re:Medtronic is technologically challenged -- Carelink for OSX

That's strange, since I found the link on my ipad? I'll try to copy & paste

Post navigationb Previous
Visiting CareLink Site on OS X Mavericks
Posted on November 2, 2013
Here is a tip for people who fall into the same small category as myself. If
you

use a Medtronic insulin pump,
use the CareLink site to store your pump history,
use a Mac, and
are running OS X Mavericks for a time b short, I hope b after I write this
post,
you will run into the problem that I ran into when I first attempted to upload
my pump data after upgrading to Mavericks. You will get an error page
stating,

Unfortunately, the configuration of your PC or web browser is not compatible
with our standard system requirements.

This is because the only OS X versions supported are bMacOSX 10.5 (Intel),
MacOSX 10.6/10.7/10.8b3. Unfortunately, Mavericks is version 10.9. Unlike the
logic for the browser, which recognized that my Firefox 24.0 met the Firefox 5
requirement, the OS check does not appear to allow for future versions.

The workaround that I am using, for now, is to use the Firefox User Agent
Switcher plugin. After installing the plugin and restarting Firefox, create a
new bFirefox on Mountain Lionb user agent as follows:

Select Tools / Default User Agent / Edit User Agentsb&

In the bUser Agentsb section, choose New / New User Agentb&

In the window that appears, you will see bb& Intel Mac OS X 10.9;b&b in
the bUser Agentb field.

Change the version from 10.9 to 10.8, and give a helpful description like
bFirefox on Mountain Lionb in the bDescriptionb field. Then, before
visiting the CareLink site, select Tools / Default User Agent / Firefox on
Mountain Lion [or whatever name you gave the user agent]. You will now be able
to use the CareLink site!

Sent from my iPad