[IP] test strips as cash cow for Big Pharma

  formerly diaTribe petition - don't restrict test strips for people
with diabetes!d

There might be some resistance on the part of state governments toward
paying for test strips for T2 diabetics because beginning next year more
people will be on medicaid,  When I saw my (now retired) endo in August,
he mentioned that he is somewhat irate at test strip companies.  What
takes $.10 to make sells for $1.40 and up - one heck of a markup.  I
wonder what they do with that money... Is there some way to regulate
this without resorting to price controls?

Denise Br.