[IP] New and hoping for a pump.

My name is Louree Carter. I am 42 and type 2 insulin dependent. I have
been following along reading posts for a week or so trying to get a feel
of this list. I am not a pumper as of yet. I applied to the Charles Ray
III Diabetes Association for a pump last week. My insurance, medicaid in
Arizona, doesn't cover the pump for anyone over 21, but strangely does
cover the supplies. They also cover the One Touch UltraLink meter/strips
as the only linking meter, but I found out that the meter has been
discontinued. They don't cover any CGM's. I really think they do that
just to discourage people from using the pump. My medical bills in the
last month from diabetes related stuff alone has cost them more than a
new pump twice over I am sure. Let's not even go into what it's cost
them in the last year!  It makes no sense to me.

I am really frustrated. My diabetes is really out of control. I have
been swinging from ~400 to ~170 several times a day. Sometimes I go as
high as 580, and I have been in the ICU for HHNS. My last a1c was 9.9
and everything we do doesn't seem to matter much. My CDE changed my
Levemir to twice a day and I am swinging a little less. I am hoping with
a steady basal dose 24 hours a day I won't swing wildly at all and I
will feel a lot better. I have just about every known complication of
diabetes short of blindness and amputation, although luckily at this
point they are all mild to moderate.

I have an appointment today to find out the status of my kidneys and
also to find out what is going on with my known adrenal tumor. I am
being tested for a pheochromocytoma. From what I have read, that in
itself could be causing my diabetes to be so out of control. We will see.

Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know what my
situation is.

Take care everyone,
Louree