[IP] Gastric bypass

Mark ~

Type II doesn't go away as you lose weight. The next morning you are off
metformin and any other drugs. Type 2 seems to be caused by the
hormone(s)
in the part of the intestine that is bypassed. They may take you off
insulin immediately just to avoid instant lows.

There are some downsides to bypass surgery. You won't be able to eat
enough
protein to survive, so for the rest of your life you will drink
weightlifters protein supplement. You won't be able to take pills for
years. You will need vitamin supplements for the rest of your life.
Undetected sugar won't make your sugar high, it will make you sick. Five
minutes after you eat it you will need a bathroom immediately. After six
years or so the portion of your stomach that is left will have stretched
enough that you will begin to regain weight. Then you will be back to
dieting.

The person who I have watched go through this was not diabetic.

Before you start talking to surgeons, attend a weekly support group for
bariatric bypass patients for a while and listen to their problems.

Jeff Gamble
Big Bay Lighthouse B & B
P O Box 3
Big Bay MI 49808