[IP] RE Pump failure?

<snip> I have had 8 surgeries since getting my pump 3 years ago and one
> other hospital admission. I have found that NONE of the doctors or nurses
> in the hospital (ER or otherwise) had a clue about my pump.

In '89 after I had been pumping for 6 years, I was hospitalized and had to
do a set change. Through a comedy of errors, I had to have my hugsband bring
me another set (New Year's Eve). I told the nurse I could be unhooked for 1
hour and it had already been 1.5 hours. He said, "Don't worry about it,
we'll give you a shot in the morning."  This was close to midnight. I hope
he has had a clue about pumping since then!

Jan & Muskers- T-1, 11/5/50, pumping 8/23/83, Dialyzing 7/8/02