RE: [IP] Help Needed ASAP

> My Dr gave me a prescription for Lantus pens to use in case of pump
> failure.
> That way I do not need to shoot up every 4 hrs.

I have not had any long-acting insulin in my own personal body since 8/23/83
and would not return to it. I, too, would shoot up every 4 hours for the
short time until I got a pump replacement or whatever. Long-acting insulin
remains in the body for even a day or two, or more.

My endo insisted on writing an Rx for Lantus in case of emergencies, but I
refused to accept it. To me, it is a minor inconvenience to shoot up every 4
hours than to mess up my system with long acting insulin. YMMV

Jan & Muskers- T-1, 11/5/50, pumping 8/23/83, Dialyzing 7/8/02