[IP] treatments of the past

Remember too that when meters were first introduced, physicians routinely
said their patients would not use them because they would not stick their
fingers.  I saw my first prototype at diabetes camp when I was 16.  Even at
that age, I could immediately see the implications.  The idea of being able
to learn your BG at any time was HUGE, and almost unimaginable.  This was at
a time when I got a fasting BG every 6 months, plus a 2nd one after school
the same day, and my insulin dosage was changed based on this.  This month
is my 47th anniversary of diagnosis, and I can't agree enough with others
who have said how far we have come!

Barbara Ziegler