[IP] Morphea

I have morphea, an autoimmune skin disease. Recently it's moved over a lot
of the area where I set my sites. I'm getting worried that I won't have good
skin and subcutaneous tissue to keep the pump going. The dermatologist
doesn't "get it"--she thinks I'm worried about the cosmetics. I find no
treatment or cure online. Anyone else dealing with this?
Thanks. Happy New Year to all.
Mary Ann