RE: [IP] Wisdom Teeth Extraction Success But BG Remains High - Need Advice

Hi Allison,

 > We've been fighting high BGs since
 > [the surgery]. [...]

 > [...] He's on amoxicillin for possible
 > infection, 800mg ibuprofen, oxicodone,
 > and dexamethadone [...].

Dexamethasone is a steroid. Like many steroids, it is a potent
anti-inflammatory drug, but as your son is on amoxicillin, I
suspect that prevention of possible Stevens-Johnson syndrome
(toxic epidermal necrolysis; rare, but when it occurs, it is often
triggered by antibiotics) was also on the doctor's mind.

I think getting a dose of a potent steroid every morning may
explain Tarek's high BGs. That aside, I am glad the surgery went
well and hope Tarek will have a speedy recovery!