Re: [IP] supplies

 That's what the doctor's called it so I didn't really argue. All I knew was
that on Christmas Eve I had to go on insulin. I was on anywhere from 3-5 shots a
day until I went on the pump. The pump was a lifesaver for me. Before I had the
pump I was at the point where I might have had to stop running EMS because of
what it did to my BGs. I don't know why it happened the way it did, but I am
glad it is gone. I do worry all the time that it could come back. I guess it
will always be in the back of my mind.
<<My IV steriods for MS raised my bgs but I never considered myself to have
diabetes.....my son had a med do that do him as well......>>

Bev, mom to Mary, 14, dx 1997, pumping Animas 2001

Victoria Waddell wrote:
My diabetes came from a reaction to a medication. Prednisone. I was on it so
much for my asthma. The doctors said that it screwed my body up so much that
even though I came off it my glucose levels still stayed high. (300-600) After
almost two years on insulin I noticed that I kept dropping low. The doctors
titrating the insulin down until I was off it completely. I still watch what I
eat. I don't drink sugared soda or juice. But to this day even with my crazy
schedule I am still running normal blood sugars. (The Lord be praised!)

Lola Emery wrote:

What happened that you don't need insulin anymore? You have Type I diabetes? I
am a Type I, 70 year old, and real curious.