[IP] Oops, I did it again! (insulin syringe needle lodged in leg)

Hi all IP'ers,

I had some issues with my Animas IR 1250 pump (My mojo spirit and soul). I
had to go back to injections for a day. Upon injecting my Novolog covering
my supper carbs, the needle broke and wedged itself deep into my thigh. It's
1 1/2"-1 3/4" in the muscle of my right thigh. It's requiring surgery
Tuesday morning. This happened on Christmas evening. I got a replacement
pump on the 26th morning. A question though. What do you fellow pumpers do
pre surgery for basal rate adjustment? I am curious! This is my first
surgery with my Animas pump delivering. Thanks and Happy 2007! I have Spina
Bifida and Cerebral Palsy and some fine motor issues which is why this
happens. I love pumpin!

Regards and thanks!

Alan K. Teffeteller, Ph.D!, M.S., CPBE, CBT, LPN!