RE: [IP] Animas Comfort Short Set question

Yeah, that's what I did - I've changed it. I feel much better doing that...
I'm still trying to figure out my rates and basals (although I think I pretty
much have them now)... so the less variables I add to the mix the better!

I contacted Animas as well -  I'm SO impressed with their customer service now
- wow! I figured I might as well call and see whether they could give me some
advice. I left a message with an operator at Animas, and LITERALLY within 5
minutes a woman named Rose called me back and gave me the information I
needed. Now THAT's good customer care in my books. Add to that that I'm in
Atlantic Canada (it's 9am here now), and the woman that called me was in
Pennsylvania, so I'm guessing it's 7 or 8am there. I have to say I'm really
enjoying having the pump so far - I just started on it on the 13th of this
month. I haven't figured it all out yet, but so far so good! :)

Anne
T1 - 18 years
Pumping with an Animas IR-1200 - two weeks :)

> Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 04:48:33 -0800> From: email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] Animas Comfort Short Set question> To:
you apparently hit a vessel....> > Bev, mom to Mary, 13, dx 1997, pumping
Animas 2001> > Anne Irwin <email @ redacted> wrote:> Hey all -> > I just
inserted my infusion set for today, and notice that the cannula has> blood in
it. I guess I've hit a small blood vessel - the open end of the tube> isn't
filled with blood or anything, just the tube part that enters my skin.> Should
I insert another one? I've filled the cannula, but the blood is still> there.
Will this affect my pumping?> > If you have any ideas or advice - please let
me know! I've inserted a bunch of> these now, but haven't run into this
before. Also, because it's the holidays,> my health team is all on vacation!>
> Thanks,> Anne> >
child, adult portraits, murals, hand-painted> glass and wood, handmade purses,
rugs and blankets> www.parsonwhitestudios.com> .>