Re: [IP] Animas Update

At 01:59 PM 12/28/2006, Mark Thomas wrote:
>I don't like all the buttons you have to push to bolus, I don't like the
>size of the fonts on the display but I do like my BG being so good.

 One feature of the Animas pump that I'm not sure the trainer discussed with you
is the "Audio Bolus". See the little button on the side between the luer lock
connection and the battery compartment? That button is for the "Audio Bolus"
feature. Now, there are limitations to the Audio Bolus, the bolus can be set
only in increments of 0.1, 0.5 and 1.0 unit, but it can be great for using in
busy situations where you just don't want to take the time to push all the
buttons. I use my Audio Bolus mostly in busy restaurant situations where I don't
want to take the time to put on my glasses, take out the pump and set the bolus
through the menu system. With the Audio Bolus you just push the button for the
number of unit increments you want to take (based on your setting), the pump
will confirm with beeps (or vibrations if you have it set that way) and it will
deliver that bolus amount. You can turn on the Audio Bolus feature in the
Advanced Setup Menu, Screen 1. You enable it to turn it on and there you also
set your bolus increment amount.

Just another bolus option for those who want a different choice.