Re: [IP] Novolog 70-30

Guess what, that is a marketing ploy as it is nothing more than the old
pork insulin
marketed differently, even going to the trouble to get FDA approval.
They are charging
an arm and a leg for it. The pork insulin is a match to canine insulin.
Beef is a match
to felines. I read that article and all the company is doing is
marketing the pork insulin
to owners of canine diabetics as a special insulin, made especially
for...blah, blah....
disgusting it is.

I'm looking for someone who has used the Novolog 70-30 just to check on
consistency
in action. I've been using NPH and Regular and dealing with
inconsistent insulin action,
which is typical of the Humulins and Novolins. However, in late
October, the insulin I
purchased didn't act like it did in the previous year and we know now
it is the NPH...it's
like it is super-strong. The next vials acted the same way and other
owners are also
having problems, both Novolin and Humulin NPH is involved so it must be
we're getting
insulin that hasn't been degraded in shipping and we're not used to it.
We all know how
consistent the analogs are over the older insulin types, including
animal based products.
So, I've had enough and that Novolog 70-30 is now available in the U.S.
and we're gearing
up to try it next Tuesday. All I'm looking for is a little feedback as
to the consistency of
the action of the insulin....it should be more consistent than Humulin
or Novolin 70-30....
but I don't know......

Thanks for taking the time to post Sylvia, much appreciated. Now,
anyone out there even
know of someone on Novolog 70/30? I am assuming it would be generally
used in a simplistic
manner for geriatric patients. I haven't found anything as to
consistency in action on the
internet as yet.....maybe I don't know how to search it out right.

Margo