Re: [IP] Insulin on board

Essentially, the IOB is subtracted from the correction part of the
bolus only.  I ran into this repeatedly yesterday--had one of those
days when I couldn't get my blood glucose up.  I was in the 80's
(target 120) 2 hours after every meal and frankly shocky (65) 2 hours
after breakfast.  I can't use the wizard with the snacks I take to
correct these lows; what I do if the snack is larger than 15 or so
grams CHO is set up the wizard and compare the recommended bolus with
the active insulin (scroll down.)  Yesterday the recommended bolus
was below the IOB in every case, so I simply backed out without
bolusing.  As to why--I just lowered my basal rate in the 6 am-8 am
period but that hardly seems a likely reason unless I was going low
without realizing it while listening to the news before getting up.
Any suggestions on why are welcome.
--
Sue Ann Bowling, North Pole, Alaska