RE: [IP] Insulin on board

> Do any other pumps do this also?

Hi Bob, This has been discussed on the board before, you might want to check
the archives.  As far as I know, all pumps work this way.  I have not
upgraded to the 515 yet, but the 512 works this way.  It only subtracts from
the food bolas if you tell the pump you are below your target.  This is
intended to prevent you from going lower or under bolasing for food if you
are above your target.

This part of the equation was not changed between the 512 and the 515, only
the insulin activity curve was changed (dynamic).  To see the IOB feature
work, try using it without any carb input.  Just change the BG you tell the
meter and you will see it work.  Example, IOB=1, BG = high (i.e. 400) it
will recommend the correction minus IOB which will result in a correction.
If you put in a BG near or equal to your BG target, the Correction - IOB
will result in a Zero correction recommendation.  You can always override
any recommendation.

Mike