[IP] Re: frozen shoulder in Ghana

Hi Pastor Chuck,

I just can't imagine 3 frozen shoulder incidents!   Ouch!  Ouch!  Ouch!

 From what I've read, adhesive capsulitis/frozen shouder has a high enough
incidence among diabetics to be called a diabetic complication.

 My orthopaedic surgeon says that although two years is about the average length
of time it lasts, some people have it for maybe six months and some may have it
for years. I had it for almost four years until I had the surgical manipulation
which was followed by one month of therapy. Now I have regained 100% range of
pain-free motion!

BTW I enjoyed browsing through your website.

Sybil
=================================

Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:49:53 -0000
From: "Pastor Chuck Heidenreich" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Frozen Shoulder - 3 Surgeries

Thanks for the Frozen Shoulder Website info.

I jhave had 3 shoudler surgeries. R side from ski accident then got
stiff & couldn't move it.. akak frozen ., physical therapy, surgey
(manipulation.. yuk), then lots more PT until it got better.

Left shoudler 1 torn labrum then1 year later went in to scrape out more
scar tisssue.

My doctors tell me 30% of the frozen shoulderes are diabetics!! They
say
becase we heal slower. So aniinflamatories and an annual cortizone
injection when I get to the USa once  ayear is my course. You can also
take prednisone for 1 week and that callms it down for  a little
while..
but it sends your sugars thru the roof (H-Tron pump +50 % for  a week)

Well, the last shoulder surgery on the left side still gives me pain, I
still do stretches & "physical therapy" which means playing golf once a
weeek in Africa.

Pastor Chuck Heidenreich

c/o Greater Grace Church of Ashaiman
P.O. Box 193
Ashaiman
GHANA - WEST AFRICA

YOU MAY ALSO CHECK OUT SCHEDULE ON OUR WEBPAGE AT:
www.webmissions.net/heidenreich