Re: [IP] bundle of nerves

Dawn,

       You sound just like I did 5 years ago when we were getting ready to
start Josh on the pump.  He was only 8 at the time.  I was so concerned about
 the 'mechanics' of the whole thing and didn't really think about all the rest.
Josh started on the Dis H-Tron+ which was, at that time, a very good but basic
pump with no bells and whistles.  He has been on the Cozmo now for 1.5 years,
with all the bells and whistles, which is GREAT!!

       Well, Josh learned the mechanics of the pump just by watching the
 video that came with it. So he had the basals, time and everything else in the
pump before the trainer came.  The hardest part for me was learning how to do
the sites.  That is another long story.

       All I know is that, even with all the trouble we had in the beginning,
once we learned everything and got all the right stuff that worked for Josh
and me, well......we wouldn't trade pumping for anything....except a closed
loop system of course.  I can't even phanthom the idea of shots now and how to
figure things out.  The pump is so convenient for Josh.  And it gives this mom
such a peace of mind!

Good Luck!

Sylvia
mom to Joshua